In July 2021 we successful applied for a received a £5000 grant from the Foyle Foundation. Since then we have been carefully allocating the money to best support those who are in need. With this money we have been able to:
Funding Community Support
- Presentations and introductory workshops were run in Plymouth in Ernesettle, and at Moments Cafe (a Community Interest Company). The Foyle Foundation support enabled us to pay the Coaches to run these at no cost to the attendees.
- These presentations led to us providing two free Learning and Support groups in November 2021 and March 2022 for 12 members of the community who wished to learn more about the emotions of loss. Of these some of the attendees were people traumatised by the multiple shooting in the Keyham area 2 months before.
- Personal learning appointments following the Learning Support Groups were also funded by the The Foyle Foundation grant.
- We were able to fund Coaches to provide presentations at the Rees Centre, Plympton and ‘Thriving Ivybridge’ at the Ivybridge Community Hubb in the Watermark Centre.
- 6 Learning Support Group members have progressed to Foundation level training ( 3 partially supported by the grant) of which 3 have become volunteers, assisting at other events and making up training materials.
- 1 has taken Emotional Logic, in Spanish translation, to the tribal area of Mexico where she works as a missionary community worker.
- 1 has taken on a new role as a community chaplain in the Keyham and Ford areas of Plymouth employing EL in this role.
Through the The Foyle Foundation support we have purchased online level 2 safeguarding training for all the Emotional Logic Coaches to ensure all have relevant and up to date training.
We have provided 30 adult and 30 children safeguarding courses to ensure that all our Emotional Logic Coaches have relevant up to date safeguarding training.
We wish to express a big THANK YOU to the Foyle Foundation for enabling us to do this.